Patch Notes 18.1
A brand new update with big changes for the Spacelords' Gameplay!
We are going to publish a new update on October 28th that will include some big changes in the Aleph's use. We will explain all the changes this Friday at 5 pm (GMT+2) in our Twitch channel with Laura Palomo and Hernán Ojuel.
Do you have any question for our devs? Tell us tagging #Spacelords in Twitter!
You can read all about the changes in the following lines:
Aleph-charged Sniper Elites offered an interesting gameplay based on the distance, but Assault and Officer Elites were simply activating their Aleph-based skills with no counterable options for the players. This was one of the reasons to restrict these Elite from spawning with Aleph charges.
This update brings a new way for both Assault and Officer Elites to activate their Aleph-based abilities, which also gives the players more choices when facing them than running away.
- Instead of consuming an Aleph Gem and activating their special melee immunity immediately, Assault Elite Soldiers now remain still for a while, charging the ability. In this state they are inmune to CQC, but they can receive shooter damage.
- This activation can be cancelled by getting the Elites down to wounded state, pushing them or dealing a specific amount of damage to them.
- Cancelled activations also prevent these Elites to consume their Aleph charge.
- Officer Elite Soldiers still become invulnerable when activating their ability, but now they deploy an Aleph Gem-fueled portable beacon on the ground in order to call the air strike.
- Once the air strkie begins the Elite Soldiers lose their invulnerability.
- Players are now be able to cancel the air strike by shooting the beacon down. If this happens, the Aleph charge will materialize as a pickable gem.
- The air strike also stops after several seconds. If this happens, the Aleph charge will be consumed.
- In order to make it easier to understand, FXs for the air strike attacks have been revamped.
- These Elite Soldiers now have to wait some time before they can use their abilities again.
Now that the Aleph-based skills activations can be countered by the players, all Elite Soldiers will have a mission-dependant chance of spawning with some Aleph charges.
AI MELEE DAMAGE REDUCTION
- Grunt's melee damage has been decreased by 28% (18/25)
- Elite Assault's melee damage has been increased by 7% (30/28)
- Elite Officer's melee damage has been decreased by 14% (24/28)
- Elite Sniper's melee damage has been decreased by 28% (20/28)
- Removed explosion FX from the Officer Elite Soldiers' bullet hits.
- Sa-Dhu's capacity of removing pressure by shooting now only works when the bullet hits an enemy.
- Added a new FX to emphasize the energy-absorbing capacity of Catharsis' charge mode shots.
- Vendetta card has been removed from the game because it's activation condition referred the deprecated ammo system. Some local's cards have been restructured in the graph as a consequence.